Normandy, a faithful, vibrant, caring, and nurturing congregation, aspires to make disciples of Jesus Christ, and bring the love of God into the home, workplace, community, and the world.
We believe we can accomplish the goals of our vision statement by committing ourselves and our congregation to these five missions of the United Methodist Church:
- Radical Hospitality
- Passionate Worship
- Risk-Taking Mission
- Faith-Forming Relationships
- Extravagant Generosity
As disciples of Jesus Christ, we believe it is important to:
- Commit to daily acts of prayer, study, and action
- Live out our faith through sacrificial giving
- Share a witness of Christ in our personal life and in the lives of others
- Attend worship regularly
- Participate in small group, Sunday school, and Bible Study
- Offer talents and service willingly
- Live under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, answering questions by deciding “What Would Jesus Do?” (WWJD)
Our church staff is an excellent group of experienced individuals committed to the purpose and goals of our church. We invite you to read about their background, experiences, and qualifications by going to Church Staff .
If you have driven past our church or seen it in pictures, you know we have a very unique building and grounds. If you wish to trace the history of how the Grant estate became part of the United Methodist Church, and how the building has changed over the years, go to Church History.
The United Methodist Church
The United Methodist Church welcomes all who desire to know God in Christ and seek to love and serve God and neighbors. The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. To learn more about the beliefs and history of the United Methodist Church, go to http://www.umc.org and click on “History” under Our Church, or “Mission and Ministry” under Our Faith.