What We Offer
Music plays a very important part in worship at Normandy. The mission of our ministry is to magnify the name of the Lord with our gifts and talents. With children, youth, and adult opportunities you’re sure to find a fit in the music ministry.
“Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things. Shout for joy to the Lord, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and blast of the ram’s horn – let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord.” Psalm 98, selected verses (NIV)
Voices of Normandy (Adult Choir)
Leading the congregational worship in song, the Voices of Normandy is the heart of the music ministry, providing music for traditional worship services and special occasions throughout the year. Rehearsals are held on Wednesday evening, 7:30 – 9:00 pm, from September through June.
At the contemporary service each Sunday a praise band plays contemporary Christian music, serves as a key motivational element of the service, and participates in the worship leadership.
Bells of Normandy (Handbell Choir)
Normandy has 5 octaves of Schulmerich handbells and 5 octaves of Malmark handchimes. The bells provide special music monthly in our services. Rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings from 6:15 – 7:30pm, September through June.
Men of Faith
The men of Normandy come together in song and provide special music once a month, usually on the 3rd Sunday, in our services. Rehearsals are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 6:30 – 7:30pm.
The Sonshine Singers (K – 2nd grade) practice during their Sunday School hour. Learning basic Bible truths and joyful songs, the children are always a delightful addition to our services. Children also participate in the services during special times of the year, including holidays and a special musical each spring.
Throughout the year, there are several special music presentations in our Main Sanctuary:
- Music Sunday – The 1st Sunday in June we showcase all of our adult musical groups.
- Palm Sunday – A special Easter cantata from our Adult Choirs
- Yuletide at Normandy – A special celebration of the Christmas season
- Special Summer Music – While our choirs take a well-deserved summer break, individuals or groups provide special music during the traditional worship service.
- Café Nights – always popular, several times a year we enjoy evenings of light jazz and standards with dessert & coffee. These nights feature the Brian Cashwell Trio and guests.